Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Why I heart Calvin and Hobbes

Sixteen Things Calvin and Hobbes Said Better Than Anyone Else

Click on the link above to see all of the list, incl 16 more funny stuff. My faves are below:

On life’s constant little limitations
Calvin: You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don’t help.
On expectations
Calvin: Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! That’s the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
.......
On the tragedy of hipsters
Calvin: The world bores you when you’re cool.
.....
On the falling of sparrows (or providence’s lack of a timetable)
Calvin: Life is full of surprises, but never when you need one.
....
On realising God is more Woody Allen than Michael Bay
Calvin: They say the world is a stage. But obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines.
Hobbes: Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.
Calvin: We need more special effects and dance numbers.
On why ET is real
Calvin: Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
.......
On the truth
Calvin: It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy…Let’s go exploring!

No comments: